You already know from Justin's post yesterday that this last weekend was another busy one. We went to the air show on Saturday, which was really pretty neat. It took about an hour of waiting in the car, slowly making our way to the air field, but it was worth it. We ate overpriced hot dogs and nachos and watched the jets and planes dip, duck, dive, duck and dodge. I could imagine being up there with the pilots, getting sick all over the instrument panel. I don't handle heights or things that spin very well. We left before the Blue Angels came out, which was a little disappointing, but we could still see them from the tailgate spot, and they did perform a fly over the stadium. After tailgating, we went home to listen to the game. I'm pretty sure everyone in the house was asleep by 10:15 p.m. (unheard of!); we were all just exhausted.
Sunday I took some pictures for a friend and met up with Justin and the kids to pick out a ceiling fan to replace the one that quit working. Once back at home, Steven helped Justin with some projects (putting the fan up, messing around with the fire truck), while I made a pasta salad for a cookout my parents were having. My Aunts and cousin were in town from California and everyone gathered to see them. I was a little worried about Steven. That's a lot of family to process at once! My 3 sisters, my grandma, parents, an aunt, a great aunt, and a cousin. He did very well though. It was fun to show him the farm I grew up on. I told him how, when I was little, I HATED being on the farm because all of my friends lived in town, and I never got to play with any of them. Now, though, I'd give anything to be back on the farm. He told me that in Berlin, you live in town, have friends in town, but you still don't see them. I guess that could be true, but that's the difference between a city of 4 million + and a town of 1,600.
That brings me to my main point of this post...it's Homecoming week at Palmyra High School! I'm glad to have something else to focus on Thursday, after our friend's daughter's funeral, and that would be...homecoming shopping. Our Steven has a date! Incidentally, her name happens to be Emma. I've seen her picture and she looks like a nice, cute girl. I really didn't think at this age, I'd be worrying about homecoming clothes or anything, but this is fun. I'm taking Steven and Lucas in on Thursday after school to buy an outfit which he can wear Saturday to the dance and a few more times for other events like church on Christmas and Easter. My plan is to take them to my very favorite store, Kohls, where I also happen to have a 30% off coupon. Yay for Kohls! We're also going to need to order a corsage to have picked up for Saturday. Lucky for us, I work right near a flower shop, so that shouldn't be a problem.
He's also got another cross country meet this week. He came home from the first one last night, and he told me he ran his 5k in about 30 minutes. Not bad, but he didn't place well. I reminded him that he pretty much JUST started running last week and the only place he can go now is UP. I'm sure he'll do better next time.
Now...off to plan some homecoming outfits!
No comments:
Post a Comment