Last Sunday we were at Melissa’s parent’s house on the farm while some of her extended family was in town for a visit and her parents were having a BBQ. While the kids were all playing outside Melissa’s dad pointed out a piece of equipment sitting out that I wanted to show Steven. It is a 3-wheeled floater sprayer and from a distance isn’t all that impressive, yet I knew up close Steven would be amazed especially when he saw the tires. While we were walking across the farm yard we went past their barn and it reminded me of when I was in grade school and we were out for a birthday party. We walked past a small fenced coral where I remember bringing my nephew Jack out once when he was very little to ride. We walked by a spot where in college I helped her dad dig up a broken water line. Steven was asking questions about the buildings, the farm ground, animals (especially the smell of the hogs) all the while I kept thinking about how many memories I have of Melissa and her family growing up and while I was telling Steven the stories, I can’t wait to tell my kids when they are old enough to remember. Nine years ago today Melissa and I were married. We had been dating since our second year of college yet had actually grown up together as friends.
I never thought nine years ago we would have a 7 year old in 2nd grade, a son in Preschool, and another son learning to talk along with an exchange student in high school. It goes to show that we make a great team and how lucky I am. Happy Anniversary honey, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment