Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting into the swing

Last night’s homework was Chemistry, Pre-Cal, and English.  English was done and Steven was finishing up his Chemistry and fortunately didn’t need any assistance.  The Pre-Cal book was open with several questions on problems he needed to complete.  While he finished up his Chem I sat down and began reading the chapter in Pre-Cal to see if I could get my mind back breaking down formula’s and charting algebra..  Let’s just say that Steven’s homework shows a detailed chart and summary of an attempt to solve the problem that he and his teacher will need to review prior to submittal…  I left to go mow while Steven took X outside to swing and play.  We also had a visit from our neighbor Sara and her young son Hunter along with our friend John.  For a while the house was busy but quickly settled down.
After the kids went to bed, Steven needed to read and sign the Palmyra High School Student Manual so he was working on understanding the high school rules.  Melissa and I were having a chop stick contest on who could pick up the most items in a set time, Steven was our referee.
This morning Emma and X beat Steven to the breakfast table.  Steven needed to be dropped at the High School for a prom fundraising meeting for all Juniors so we sent the recon team downstairs to see if he was ready.  The three emerged all looking like they needed a few more hours of sleep.  Melissa and I were rushing to get ready as well and we were out the door heading to the meeting.  Shortly on the way we received a phone call from Lou’s host family and we had a miscommunication last night that Lou would be riding with us to school.  A quick detour and we were back on our way.  We had a heavy fog this morning making it difficult to see.  Today the forecast is to be hot with tomorrow being very hot.  Both days plus 100 heat index. 
On the way Lou and Steven asked about favorite tv shows in the US.  I was surprised when Lou said Two and a Half Men was a favorite show in his country along with Germany being Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.  All of those shows are popular here but not considered our primetime lineup..  Once new seasons begin this fall it will be fun to watch with Steven.  Our Tivo may have to move to the living room so we can all watch together because I can’t think of the last time I watched a show actually when it aired.
On another note, below is a note from Xaviers preschool teacher.  Glad to hear he is adjusting well.
Melissa and Justin,
I wanted to let you know that Xavier has settled in very well to our routines and to the general idea of preschool.  He seems to be enjoying the day, is for the most part quite compliant with my requests and is making good choices as he goes about his day.  He is playing well with others, nothing that a typical preschool child does not experience or exhibit from time to time in that regard. 

He has good ideas and likes to try a variety of centers and projects, he likes to tackle the paper pencil activities we do and is very willing to let Mrs. Poe or I work along side him to teach or to help him complete a task. 

Just wanted to send a "happy note about your son"  and tell you we are enjoying him and he is off to a great start!

Sincerely,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment