That basically describes what has been going on. I've been busy editing a ton of pictures from a bunch of sessions I've had over the last month and a half or so, and still trying to get caught up. Work is going to get busier as I learn some new responsibilities, and it's always busy busy busy at home when the kids are up. At home, I feel like I'm in a constant state of motion. No wonder I always feel so tired!
Not much new to report, other than Steven had his first land judging contest yesterday and I believe placed 3rd individually out of a large number of kids at this contest. I honestly have no idea what land judging is--I'm not going to lie. With any luck, Justin will be able to explain that one at some point; after all, he used to organize entire programs for land judging when he worked for the Nebraska Association of Resources Districts.
Xavier has a preschool field trip tomorrow to the pumpkin patch, and I'm excited to have a work schedule now that allows me to accompany the group. I'll be in charge of 3 or 4 kids as we make our way around the patch. Fairly certain I can handle that...we will see!
The two youngest, Xavier and Michael were sick last week, but seem to be getting over it now. Thankfully Emma hasn't gotten the bug yet, nor have Justin or I. And I hope Justin won't, since he's due to leave for China in about a week and a half for an international golf show.
Everyone has really hit a stride and have grown comfortable with their new roles with Steven in the house. Well, Xavier has been saying he doesn't like Steven, but then again, he also says he doesn't like mommy, he doesn't like Michael, he doesn't like Emma, and he doesn't like Mrs. Cheney (his preschool teacher). He's just about 4, and I think this age has been the worst for him as far as attitude goes. Steven asked me this morning, "Why does Xavier have such bad moods?" Well, they don't call it ''f'ing fours" for nothing. Or maybe he likes to have a reason to spend time in his room, I don't really know.
So that's all for my update. This weekend is the big Ohio State game, and next weekend is the Apel Family's annual fall cookout, which is always fun. Hot dogs and s'mores over the fire with potluck foods, games and a hayrack ride! I'll update more then.
No comments:
Post a Comment